Originally named Metry Animal Hospital, the practice was founded by Dr. Tom Melius in 1946. In 1952, Metairie Small Animal Hospital was built at its present location at 101 Metairie Road. One year later, in 1953, Dr. Henry Melius joined the practice, and from such humble beginnings, MSAH has evolved and grown to keep pace with the ever-increasing technology and medical advances. The practice currently has 14 doctors and over 60 employees on staff. In addition to the Main Hospital on Metairie Road, we also operate four Out Patient Clinics in Chalmette, Kenner, Lakeview and Metairie to better serve our clients.
We thank all of our past owners for their contributions, helping Metairie Small Animal Hospital to become what we are today.