Welcome to Metairie Small Animal Hospital!
Thank you for choosing our hospital to care for your loved ones. We appreciate your confidence and look forward to establishing a lasting relationship with you and your pet. At Metairie Small Animal Hospital, our main concern is the health of your pet. We are committed to providing the best quality care and service to our patients and clients.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us. And, if you're ever in the neighborhood please stop by for a tour of our facility to learn even more about the services offered at MSAH!
Here's an overview of what MSAH has to offer:
- AAHA Accreditation - MSAH has been accredited by The American Animal Hospital Association for over 50 years for our excellent veterinary medical care.
- Client Convenience - Five convenient locations, early morning drop off, pick-up and delivery services, online pharmacy, and emergency services.
- Quality Pet Health Care - 24-hour critical care, individualized wellness care based on lifestyle and life-stage, preventative health care, avian and exotic pet care, dentistry and oncology/chemotherapy.
- Surgical & Diagnostic Services - Orthopedic and ophthalmic procedures including ACL repair and cataract surgery, laser surgery, ultrasound and echocardiograms, and an in-house, full service lab to ensure fast results when needed.
- Boarding & Grooming - Doctor supervision and daily technician visits, minimum of four walks per day and overnight attendants - so your pets are never alone. Complete grooming services offered at all five locations.
- Dentistry - Teeth cleaning, x-rays, preventative dental care, and antibiotic treatments.
- Pet Supplies, Food & Toys - High quality pet foods and treats, the latest in training and play gear, and gifts for pet lovers - inside the main hospital at The Silver Collar Pet Boutique and in retail areas at all five locations.
New Client Form
For your convenience, we have included our new client form. We suggest you take a few minutes to print this and fill it out. Bring the completed form with you to your pet's first appointment and save yourself time.
We work hard to keep our fees as reasonable as possible while still providing the very best in medical care to your pets. To help us maintain balanced pricing, we require that all services be paid for when rendered. For your convenience we currently accept cash, personal checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Please note that returned checks are subject to a service charge.
All patients remaining in the hospital for services will require a deposit toward the anticipated total for services. You can always ask for an estimate of services prior to approving any procedures or services.
We understand that medical emergencies can happen unexpectedly and are happy to accept CareCredit, a third party creditor which allows you to make monthly payments toward your balance. CareCredit is an excellent way to keep piece of mind and start your pet’s treatment immediately. CareCredit has a variety of options including:
- Low Monthly Payments
- Interest Free Financing
- No Pre-Payment Penalties
For more information or to apply online click here. We can also complete the application process in our offices if you’d prefer.
We will happily assist you in submitting any necessary forms or records to your pet insurance company. We currently recommend Trupanion Pet Insurance. Trupanion allows you to set your own deductible amount, therefore determining your own monthly payment. Trupanion also covers 90% of your actual veterinary bill (less exam fees and deductible amounts). Visit www.trupanion.com for more information.
Locations of hospitals and clinics
Meet the Doctors of MSAH